- Parlor in San Juan is named 'Cut & Face'.
- Wholesaler of balut in Sto.Tomas, Batangas: 'Starducks'.
- Fast food eatery in Nueva Ecija: 'Violybee'
- Internet cafe opened among squatters named 'Cafe Pindot'.
- In Manila , there's a laundry named, 'Summa Cum Laundry'.
- Petshop in Ortigas: 'Pussies and Bitches'.
- A pet shop in Kamuning: 'Pakita Mo Pet Mo'.
- Bakery: 'Bread Pit'.
- Bank in Alabang: 'Alabank'.
- Restaurant in Pampanga named, 'Mekeni Rogers'.
- Restaurant in Pasig : 'Johnny's Fried Chicken: The 'Fried' of Marikina'.
- A boxing gym: 'Blow Jab'.
- A tombstone maker in Antipolo: 'Lito Lapida'.
- A copy center in Sikatuna Village called 'Pakopya ni Edgar'.
- A beerhouse in Cavite called, 'Chickpoint' .
- Laundromat in Sikatuna: ' Star Wash : Attack of the Clothes'.
- Internet cafe in Taguig named, 'n@kopi@'.
- Name of a kambingan, 'Sa Goat Kita'.
- A salon somewhere, 'Curl Up And Dye'.
- A lugawan in Sta. Maria, Bulacan: 'Gee Congee'.
- A water refilling station in Dapitan named 'Wa-Thirst'.
- A store selling feeds for chickens: 'Robocock'.
- Shoe repair in Marikina : 'Dr. Shoe-Bago'.
- Shoe repair store along Commonwealth, 'SHOEPERMAN: we will HEEL you, save your SOLE, and even DYE for you'.
- Petshop: 'Petness First'
- Flower shop: 'Susan's Roses'.
- Taxicab: 'Income Taxi'.
- A 2nd hand watch store: '2nd Time Around'.
- A squid stall in a wet market: 'Pusit to the Limit'.
- A shrimp store: 'Hipon Coming Back'.
- A gay lawyer's extension office: 'Nota Republic'.
- A ceiling installer: 'Kisame Street'.
- A car repair shop: 'Bangga ka 'day?'
- An aquatic pet store in Malolos: 'Fish Be With You'.
- A fishball cart named, 'Poke Poke'.
- A beauty salon: 'Saudia Hairlines'.
- A bakery: 'Anak Ng Tinapay'.
- A resto along Mayon road in Manila : 'May Lisa Eatery'.
- Laundry shop: 'Wash Your Problem'.
- This mobile massage business name isn't funny, but their slogan is: 'Asian Mobile Massage Service: Massage only, God is watching'.
- Ice cream parlor: 'Dila Lang Ang Katapat'.
- Chicharon store: 'Chicha Hut'.
- Neighborhood pizza store: 'Pizza Hot'.
- A fishball cart near UST: 'Eat My Balls'.
- A barbershop in Cagayan de Oro: 'Pinoy Big Barber'.
- A Resto: 'The Last Supper'.
- A goto resto: 'Goto Ko Pa!'
- A peanut vendor's cart with a funny name: 'Mani ni Papa'.
- A gym in Malolos: ' Gaymann Fitness Center '.
- My brother's party needs business: 'Balloon-Balloonan' .
- A Chinese restaurant in Pasig : 'Lah-Fang'.
- A store selling fresh chicken, owned by woman named Dina: 'Dina Fresh Chicken'.
- An actual bait and tackle shop in U.S. : 'The Master Baiter'.
- Panaderia: 'Trimonay Bakeshop'.
- Salon: 'Hair Dot Comb'.
- Signage on a restaurant: 'We are open 25 hrs. a day - no lunch/dinner breaks!'
- a lawfirm in quezon city: Bohol-Bohol
- a store in MRT station that sells cellphone accessories: Fae Fone
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Posted by xyxo loco at 2:06 AM
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Gago pala si Ninoy?
(Ang sumusunod ay cut and paste mula sa blog ni sonofaditch. salamat sa oras mo tol! astig ka!)
That's one of the things I learned from Norman Wilwayco's Mondomanila (Kung Paano Ko Inayos ang Buhok Ko Matapos ang Mahaba-haba ring Paglalakbay) 2002 Palanca Grand Prize Awardee.
Critics have compared Wilwayco's novel to Maynila sa Kuko ng Liwanag and Trainspotting. Personally, the novel reads like Catcher in the Rye -- only with drugs, LOTS of sex, and starring a vengeful, sociopathic ECE graduate from UP. hahahaha
I spent the whole night reading through this sordid tale of lives being lived out in the squalor of Manila. Depressing, enlightening, shocking (as in garapalan walang preno) but oftentimes laugh-out-loud funny, it's a damn fine novel -- if you don't mind a generous helping of Filipino invectives and obcenities splattered around the pages. Para akong nagcrash-course...Pagmumura 101 hahahaha
Posted by xyxo loco at 12:24 AM